We hope this letter finds you and your loved ones healthy and safe. Certainly, this has been a trying time but we are confident that we will get through this together. In the last few weeks, we have been busy adopting new protocols and while many things have changed, one thing remains the same – our commitment to serving your family in a safe, friendly setting.
This letter is to inform you that we will be opening our office and serving families beginning Monday, May 11th. Though Governor DeWine gave the go ahead to open dental offices at the beginning of the month, we are taking this extra time to ensure our staff is well-prepared and that everyone – our staff, our patients and their families, are well taken care of and safe.
Our office has always followed infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Now more than ever, we closely follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued and to ensure our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Let us outline what we have done to prepare for your return to our office:
· The office has undergone a thorough cleaning including disinfection of all surfaces and areas including carpets.
· Protective plexiglass has been installed at our front desk.
· Additional hand sanitizer stations have been installed.
· The recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) has been procured including, but not limited to masks, face shields and gloves.
In addition, we have instituted the following changes to reflect the new Ohio State Dental Board guidelines:
· Upon arrival to our office, please wait in your car and call (330) 562-0968 to let us know you have arrived.
· We will ask screening questions and inform you of when we are ready for you to enter the office.
· If Covid-19 symptoms are suspected, we will reschedule your appointment.
· Please be prepared to only bring the scheduled patient into the office with one caregiver for his/her appointment.
· It is encouraged that patients and caregivers wear masks.
· Upon entering, temperatures of patients and caregivers will be taken using a digital, no-touch thermometer.
· Everyone will be asked to use hand sanitizer.
· The patient will then be seated immediately in the dental chair for his/her appointment.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
We have begun rescheduling families whose appointments had to be cancelled due to the office closure. Thank you for your patience in this process. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient and staff member safe in our practice. To make or check on an appointment, please call our office at (330) 562-2700.
In closing, we look forward to welcoming you back to our office. We thank you for entrusting your family’s care to us and consider it a privilege to serve you.
Our warmest regards,
Dr. Frank and Dr. Devin